Selected riders wear their school jerseys, but compete together as the “Kakookie Collegiate All-Stars.”
This special squad has been selected based on the final individual omnium standings at collegiate nationals of riders who are not members of a professional or elite amateur teams already registered to compete in the North Star Grand Prix.
Each team member receives complimentary entry into the North Star Grand Prix, free host housing, a support staff comprised of a team manager, mechanic, soigneur and massage therapist, team clothing and a travel stipend. All they have to do is race their bike and have the experience of a lifetime.
This is a unique opportunity for these racers because they will not only be able to test themselves against the top women racers in the country, but they will also be competing in front of the team managers of the top women’s teams in the nation. In fact, ten of the women who competed on the 2007-2013 teams landed professional contracts after their efforts on this squad!
2014 Collegiate All-Star Team:
- Ariane Horbach Colorado Mesa University
- Cinthia Lehner Appalachian State University
- Sara Bird Stanford University
- Allison Arensman Brevard College
- Michelle Khare Dartmouth College
- Cecelia Davishayes Columbia University
- Adelaide Tillinghast American University
- Kelly Catlin University of Minnesota
- Mechanic – Gabe Masiulis
- Soigneur – Stu Barron
- Massage Therapist – Tom Hagerty
- Physical Therapist – Alynn Kakuk
- Manager – John Barron
- Director Sportif – Jenn Reither